West Chicago Civil Litigation Attorney
Skilled and Aggressive Contract Disputes Lawyer in Warrenville, IL
A civil action is a legal action that seeks compensation for the alleged adverse actions of the defendant. Rather than pressing criminal charges, the plaintiff asks the court for appropriate relief. If you are on either side of a civil dispute, you need a strong civil litigation attorney in your corner fighting hard to protect your rights and interests.
At The Law Offices of Nancy Kasko, LLC, we have extensive knowledge of civil litigation, and what it takes to prevail in a civil action. Attorney Nancy Kasko is a skilled litigator and strong negotiator. She works closely with her clients to thoroughly understand the unique facts of the case, and to uncover any and all weaknesses the other side may have that can be used to secure a favorable outcome. Nancy is straightforward and down to earth. She always provides the plain facts, so you know what to expect from the outset. She also follows up regularly to provide ongoing updates on the progress of the case.
Common Types of Civil Litigation
There are numerous types of legal disputes that can be resolved through civil actions. Some of the most common include:
- Contract Disputes: Disputes involving real estate contracts; construction contracts; partnership and shareholder agreements; non-disclosure (NDA), non-compete, and non-solicitation agreements, and franchise agreements.
- Personal Injury: Motor vehicle accident injuries, slips and falls, dog bites, construction injuries, medical malpractice, nursing home injuries, products liability, and wrongful death.
- Divorce and Family Law Cases: Disputes over divorce and family-related issues such as allocation of parental responsibility (child custody), child support, spousal support, division of assets, parent and child relocations, and many others.
Damages in civil litigation actions are typically monetary, but the plaintiff may also request that the court compel the defendant to take (or refrain from taking) a certain action. This is known as an injunction. Monetary damages in civil cases may include:
- Compensatory: Damages for property repair, medical expenses, lost wages, and other actual losses.
- General: Damages that do not compensate for a direct financial loss. Examples include pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of consortium, and lost future earnings.
- Punitive: In some extreme cases wherein the conduct of the defendant was particularly egregious, the court may award punitive damages, which are designed to punish the defendant and help ensure this conduct is not repeated.
Speak with a Strong Winfield Civil Litigation Attorney
When you are involved in a civil dispute, you need someone in your corner who not only understands the law, but is also willing to be your personal advocate and fight for the outcome you deserve. Attorney Nancy Kasko has helped numerous clients obtain positive results in their civil actions. For a free personalized consultation with attorney Kasko, contact our Warrenville law office today at 630-836-8540 or our Wheaton office at 630-407-1665. We serve clients in Warrenville, Wheaton, Winfield, West Chicago, and DuPage County, Illinois.