Warrenville, IL Real Estate Attorney
Skilled Real Estate Lawyer Serving Clients in West Chicago
Real estate transactions can be highly stressful. Buying or selling a home is a complex transaction that requires a significant investment of your time and resources. There are numerous legal issues to deal with, and without a skilled attorney to look after your rights and interests, it may be difficult to avoid many of the pitfalls buyers and sellers frequently fall into.
At The Law Offices of Nancy Kasko, LLC, we have in-depth knowledge of real estate law and the common issues buyers and sellers often have to deal with. Attorney Nancy Kasko is a skilled litigator and a strong negotiator, and she handles each case personally. Nancy is honest, straightforward, and down to earth. She takes the time to listen and thoroughly understand your unique needs, so she can ensure that your interests are fully protected. Nancy also follows up with you regularly, providing ongoing updates on your transaction, so you are always kept in the loop.
Attorney Kasko provides a wide range of real estate services for both buyers and sellers, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing terms and conditions of real estate contracts
- Negotiating with realtors, banks, title companies, and inspectors
- Title searches
- Negotiating repairs
- Homeowners Association (HOA) documentation
- Reviewing closing documents
- Representing clients at closing
- Post-closing warranty issues
- Handling any other issues that arise throughout the process
Meticulous Real Estate Contract Review
For buyers and sellers of real estate, attorney Kasko drafts and/or thoroughly reviews all contracts you are asked to sign, making modifications (when appropriate) to ensure your rights and interests are protected. For buyers, she reviews the language of various contingencies that give you the right to withdraw from the transaction under certain circumstances. Some of the most common contingencies include:
- Financing: The transaction is made contingent upon the ability of the buyer to become approved for a mortgage.
- Home Inspection: The transaction is dependent on the home being in satisfactory condition. If the home inspector uncovers various material defects that the seller refuses to remedy, you do not have to go through with the purchase.
- Sale of Current Home: If you have an existing home and are unable to sell it, you do not have to complete the purchase of the new home.
For sellers, she can draft, negotiate, and/or review all contracts and make any necessary modifications to protect your rights and interests. She also helps ensure you are in compliance with all contractual obligations, such as conveying clear title and making appropriate disclosures to the buyer. If a buyer has breached the contract by refusing to proceed with the purchase, she can prepare a civil litigation action in which we petition the court to compel the buyer to fulfill the terms and conditions of the contract or pay monetary damages.
Speak with a Knowledgeable Carol Stream Real Estate Lawyer
If you are buying or selling real estate, you need someone who understands the complexities of such transactions looking out for you. Attorney Nancy Kasko is a strong advocate on behalf of her clients, and she fights hard to ensure your interests are fully protected. She also offers affordable rates and free initial consultations by phone or in-person. To schedule your free consultation with attorney Kasko, contact our Warrenville office today at 630-836-8540 or our Wheaton office at 630-407-1665. We serve clients in Wheaton, Warrenville, Winfield, West Chicago, and DuPage County, Illinois.